Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hang Bike Poster Assignment!


1. Hang Bike 24x36
2. November 5, 2010, Image taken on tree behind Walmart
3. Sony DSC-H50, F/5, 10/2500 sec
4. Dynamic Photo process, increased clarity in Camera Raw, Sized and one layer in Photoshop.
5. The process and such was pretty simple. I wanted to keep it as original as I possibly could. The first thing I did was use Dynamic Photo to bring out the details: In Dynamic Photo I checked Ps Ultra-Contrast using the default settings, then I used the B&W filter in the top right corner and gamma at .92 to make it a little darker than what was the default. Then I used Camera Raw: When enlarged the image was a little fuzzy because the resolution was only 96, so in Camera Raw I upped the clarity as much as I could then I upped the contrast to +14 and everything else was left to default. Lastly I brought it into Photoshop: This process was simple, I needed it to be 24x36 with the highest resolution possible, so in image size I unchecked resample image, typed in 36 inches for the width and I had a resolution of 96 (which was okay to me) the I checked the resample button again and unchecked constrain proportion (because the image was 36x27 and I needed 36x24) I then replaced the 27 with 24 and hit enter (knowing very well that this would distort the image. I liked what I saw so I saved it as a .jpg and took it to the printing shop.

Frida Kahlo once said, “I paint myself because… I am the subject that I know best.” I take pictures of bikes because they are what I know best. I love bikes and I love to try to be creative when possible. This is where my passion lies.



No comments:

Post a Comment